Learn about when to use 3D directly in After Effects, as opposed to Cinema 4D.
- [Instructor] So in this project,…I've created very definite 2D elements…and very definite 3D elements.…What I want to do now is bring them together,…and what I'm going to do is start extruding…some of the 2D elements during the animation,…and that will create a link…to the 3D parts of the animation.…I'll show you what I mean.…So we're in 05_05_3D.aep.…If you've got access to the exercise files,…you can open up that file and follow along.…Here I've got a layer called Scissors layer,…and this is a layered Illustrator file.…
So if I go to Layer, Convert to Layered Comp,…it will create a nested comp,…and if I double click it, you'll see I have access…to the individual blades of the scissors.…Okay, so what I'm going to do is, first of all,…change the anchor point for each of those.…I'm going to choose the Pan Behind tool…and just move the anchor point to where I would…expect the scissors to rotate from,…so around about there.…And then we'll do the same on this one.…And it means that if I now select them…and hit R to open up Rotation,…
In this course, learn about the most important principles of composition and how to use them in your designs. Instructor Angie Taylor puts these principles in context by taking you though the development of an online advertisement, and showcasing the different techniques used throughout her workflow. She demonstrates how to capture colors, patterns, and shapes using the Adobe Capture app; develop your rough ideas into layers that are ready for animating; compose design elements in After Effects; and create 3D artwork with Cinema 4D and After Effects.
- Using color, contrast, line, and shape
- Sampling colors from photographs
- Creating swatch groups in Adobe Illustrator
- Adding dimension with space, motion, and depth
- Creating vector shapes with the Adobe Capture app
- Coloring artwork in Adobe Draw
- Illustrator layer structure for 2D animation
- Composing design elements in After Effects
- When to use Cinema 4D for 2D-style animation
- Creating 3D artwork for motion graphics
- Adding depth to 3D objects with shading