Join Lee Lanier for an in-depth discussion in this video Improving the CG by adding blur and effects, part of Maya Rendering for After Effects Composites.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
We are now moving on to the final stages of project 1. We have the motion tracking working…well on the spyglass so that it follows her hand, along with the rotoscoping that cuts it out,…so it doesn't overlap the fingers.…Now we have to worry about the CG in terms of how well it matches the live-action in…terms of its color, its sharpness, and whether it's blurred or not.…So first thing, we could do is activate Motion Blur.…After Effects offers the ability to blur any layer that's in motion, and because the Render…layer has a motion path, I can activate motion blur for that and get some blur to…match the blur of actress's hand.…
So I am going to zoom in here, and you can turn on Motion Blur in two places, the first…place is right beside the layer.…I can't see the switch now, but if I go down to Toggle Switches, I will be able to see…the button for that and each layer can support Motion Blur.…So here is the Render layer and here is the switch for Motion Blur, I will turn that on,…it looks like three tiny circles.…
- Working with image sequences
- Matching the 3D camera to video footage
- Lighting models in Maya
- Splitting a scene into multiple render passes
- Batch rendering
- Recombining render passes in an After Effects composition
- Setting up motion trackers
- Refining layers with rotoscoping
- Adding blur and effects
- Adjusting shadows and matte edges
- Using color correction
- Stabilizing shaky video
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Prepping a Maya Scene
2. Introduction to the Render Layer Editor
3. Creating Render Passes with mental ray
4. Recombining Render Passes in After Effects
5. Transforming Motion Tracking in After Effects
Setting up a motion tracker5m 17s
6. Transforming Motion Tracking to a Moving Camera
7. Stabilization and Corner Pin Motion Tracking
Next steps1m 16s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.