Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing files and organizing an After Effects project, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Creating motion graphics is a very file-intensive process, and even though it goes…contrary to most artistic brains, the sooner you embrace organization of file…management, the better your art will be.…In this movie, we're going to be importing all of the files that we had rendered…out at the end of the first chapter into After Effects and organizing them in…to folders, so their parts will be easy to find.…Now I'm out here in the Finder.…If you look, there is our C4D renders folder. And if you remember from the first…chapter, we rendered all of our files to image sequences.…So within each one of these subfolders is an image sequence, and there are…actually multiple image sequences because of the multi-pass rendering process.…
And so, for example, if I click inside the Phone here, you can see that there is…a Phone_ambient pass.…And if I keep scrubbing down, you'll see that that's the ao pass, or…ambient inclusion pass.…And then it keeps on going all the way down to the very bottom, and at the bottom…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 15m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.