In this video, learn about importing pre-animated characters into the 3D scene.
- [Instructor] Now let's import some animated characters…that I've already created for this scene.…Just a quick note too, I color coded these layers,…green, blue, and sandstone so it'd be easier…to differentiate as the layers begin to populate…in the timeline, and the other thing, just a quick note,…is that I scaled down all the buildings by about 66%…just to fit them in the stage a bit more.…Depending on how you set up your stage,…if you follow me along, you may have gone with 100%…and that's fine.…
If you do that then some other percentage numbers…I'm giving out might be different if you have your own file…so don't worry about that, just play around…and don't be afraid to make your own adjustments,…scales, and so on.…Okay so now let's import the characters that I've created…so I'm gonna close that PNG folder and double-click…in this space.…We want to go into 03_02 import characters…and import the robot SWF and we want to import…the PNG sequence of the walk cycle.…
And this is a sequence of eight animation frames…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.