In this video, explore importing the background, foreground, and character .swf files into After Effects and assembling them into compositions.
- [Narrator] So we're in After Effects,…and we're ready to start.…If you see a different workspace from the one you might want…then go to window, workspace,…effects is a very good starting point, I like that one.…There's also the one that we made in the previous movie,…where we can have our lower-case animation,…and that's one that has a very consistent layout,…so let's work with that or something similar.…If you ever lose one of your panels,…they're always here under the window menu.…So, effects and presets, come down here…to your project window, which is over here.…
So never worry about losing your windows.…So, we're going to make sure…that we're not in effect control.…Make sure that you're in the project panel.…Double-click on this pane here,…go to your exercise files, and under importing,…in swf pgn, we're just going to select…everything that you see in that window, and go import.…And now we have them.…The next step is to sort them out into a folder.…So, select all of these and drag onto this icon here,…and we're going to call that swf.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Appropriate for all
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Appropriate for all
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.