Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Important motion graphic workflows, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] Helping you build…a foundational understanding of After Effects is…one of the main goals of this course,…and if you've watched this far,…this next movie is aimed at helping you…make the leap to working more efficiently.…Here, I've got a composition that has a bouncing box,…and we need to stagger this.…I've got four instances of this thing,…and I'd like for them to all kind of…follow each other in a uniform fashion,…so I need to offset somehow these layers uniformly,…and if I say 12 layers, maybe just some random number,…maybe 15, I can certainly go through here and be like,…all right, 15 frames, and the next one's at 30…and the next one is at 45, so here, 45,…and so this is fine for four layers,…but what if you have like 100 layers…and you want to sequence them and stagger them off…by a separate defined amount?…Well, that's where sequence layers comes in.…
Let's go ahead and reset this scene.…We'll select everything and left bracket,…and that will bring our in points to the beginning.…So, with this trick, it's helpful…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.