Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Import and work with pictures, part of After Effects CC 2018: Editors and Post Essential Training.
- [Instructor] The project window is the hub for all…the assets you will work with inside of After Effects.…As an editor, you'll often work with numerous stills…and video to bring into your edit,…but to work with them in After Effects,…assets must first be imported into the project window.…Here in this movie, we'll take a look at how to import…pictures into the project window…and set up some simple animation.…So there's a number of ways to import assets…in After Effects, the first of which…is the common File > Import.…So we can go to File > Import > File,…and we'll get our open dialog box,…from which we can select one or more images…and import into After Effects this way.…
Alternately, we can double-click on our project window…and do the same functionality.…And lastly, we can import via the OS dialog box itself.…We can click and drag multiple images and assets…into After Effects this way.…Now as we start to import in something like PSDs,…where we have multiple layers,…let's go ahead and switch over to Photoshop for a second,…
- Linking Premiere Pro and After Effects dynamically
- Navigating timeline layers
- Working with keyframes
- Precomping elements
- Animating mask reveals and tracking masks
- Creating elements with shape layers
- Animating shapes and text
- Working with Illustrator files
- Animating a logo
- Creating 3D type extrusions
- Creating a simple camera in Z-space montage
- Keying video with Keylight
- Batch rendering and Dynamic Link rendering
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Creating Presets and Controllerswith Nick Harauz1h 29m Intermediate
1. How After Effects Is Different from Premiere
2. Working with Masks and Shapes
3. Working with Type and Logos
4. Working with Stills and Video
5. Outputting Media
6. Example Techniques
7. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.