Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Import and organize in After Effects, part of After Effects: Compositing a Cell Phone.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] We have our rough edit in place,…and now we want to get this sequence into After Effects.…In Premiere this is a really easy task.…So I'll just select the sequence…and right-click and choose Copy,…and then switching over to After Effects,…I'll just choose Edit, Paste, and that's it.…It's come in slightly disorganized,…so we can just clean this up a bit.…We'll select all the footage…and we'll just put that into a folder.…
And we'll just put this into a Comp folder.…Let's have a look at the comp.…You see we've got the re-timing has come through.…That's good.…There's our first issue,…so our flip effect has not come across.…We just look at the effect controls, there's nothing there.…If we look at scale, that hasn't been changed either.…So we can just quickly do that ourselves.…Very simple.…And, let's just play this back.…
Ok that's good.…That all seems to be…good, I think that was the only issue…that I was concerned about,…so let's just highlight the layer…that we're gonna do the most work on.…Which is gonna be our phone shot.…
Here, Andy Needham shows how to take the app mockup created in the companion course, After Effects: Creating a Mobile App Interface, and composite it into live-action footage of a smartphone. The final product is an animated promo video that helps visualize how the app will be used on a real device. Andy also covers storyboarding, tracking, keying, color correction, and a few audio tips. By the end of the course, you'll have more experience with the screen replacement workflow in After Effects and have a web-ready deliverable ready to share with the world.
- Planning with a storyboard
- Filming the phone
- Importing the live-action footage in After Effects
- Retiming the animation
- Tracking the shot in mocha AE
- Keying the screen with Keylight
- Adding an animated logo
- Rendering the shot
- Color correcting the composite