Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Idea corner one: More masks and effects, part of After Effects Apprentice 05: Creating Transparency.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. The tutorials are designed to be used independently and as a companion to their book After Effects Apprentice.
- Creating masks using parametric shapes or freeform with the Pen tool
- Editing and animating masks
- Combining multiple masks
- Using one layer to define the transparency of others
- Explaining the interaction between effects, masks, and mattes
- Mastering mask animation
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects Apprentice 07: Parentingwith Chris Meyer1h 40m Intermediate
Overview Updated1m 5s
1. Masking 101
2. Free-Form Masking
3. Variable-Mask Feathering in After Effects CS6
4. Managing Multiple Masks
5. Masks and Effects
6. Track Mattes
8. Mask Tracking in After Effects CC
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.