Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video How many pixels do you need for video?, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- You heard me reference having an adequate…number of pixels for the resolution required.…Well, what resolution is that?…It really depends upon your video format.…If you're working with 4K video files,…you need a lot more resolution than standard definition.…The truth is is that you really need…to know what you're delivering so you…can resolve the graphic at the right size.…Many people play it safe and design at a higher resolution…and then down-convert, but there's…something to be said about knowing your target.…
For example, this photo I have…selected here in Adobe Bridge.…You can see its dimensions of 1343 pixels by 895 pixels.…This is really quite small.…However, this is adequate resolution…to use in a 1280 by 720 presentation.…For example, if I open up this individual image,…you'll notice I can select the crop tool.…C for crop, and I'll type in a…specific width and height resolution.…1280 pixels by 720 pixels, px.…
You'll see that the 16 by 9 aspect ratio…is created and the crop tool is constrained.…I'll make sure that the delete…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.