Join Todd Kopriva for an in-depth discussion in this video How do I send bug reports, feature requests, and other feedback about After Effects?, part of Adobe After Effects CS5: Frequently Asked Questions.
- View Offline
Frequently asked question about After Effects CS5: how do I send bug reports, feature requests, and other feedback about After Effects? The After Effects team at Adobe strongly encourages people to send feedback of various sorts including bug reports, feature requests, crash reports, and questions. For bug reports and feature requests, the easiest way is go to the help menu and choose send feedback. This opens the feature requests bug report form in the web browser. Choose After Effects, fill in your name and other information, and tell us everything that you'd like about either the bug or the feature, then click submit.
The more information the better. To see how to submit crash reports, search for crash report in a search field at the top of the application window. (sound playing) Press enter and choose feature requests, bug reports, crash reports, and sending feedback. This document describes all of the various channels that the aftereffects team prefers for getting feedback, including the feature request and bug report form that we've looked at, the crash reporter, the user to user forums, comments on the help document.
And feedback on our blogs, Facebook page, and Twitter feed. Don't be shy. We really want to hear from you. So, back to information about the crash reporter. If we click this link. We go to a page that describes the sorts of information that we'd really like to see in crash reports. If After Effects crashes, the crash reporter will open automatically and you get an opportunity to enter as much information as you can or as you'd like. The more information you give us, the more useful it is.
- What are the optimum memory settings for performance in After Effects?
- Why are my vector graphics from Illustrator pixelated?
- Why can't I see my changes until I let go of the mouse button?
- Why can't I see all of my motion path in the Composition panel?
- Why is there no sound in my output file?
- What's the best format for exporting from After Effects?
- Why is my output file huge, and why does it not play smoothly?
- How do I find tutorials and information about After Effects?