Join Todd Kopriva for an in-depth discussion in this video How can I play or preview audio?, part of Adobe After Effects CS5: Frequently Asked Questions.
Frequently asked question about after effects cs5. How can I play or preview sound or audio? With a composition active choose composition, preview, audio preview or use the shortcut, which is the decimal key on the numeric keypad. (sound playing) To preview video with audio, use RAM preview. Do not, press the spacebar. Let's drag to see a little bit more of the preview panel, and click the RAM preview button. Wait for RAM preview to cache all of the frames into the RAM cache, and then audio will play (sound playing) Pressing the spacebar key is equivalent of clicking play, which is just a video preview.
You should almost never use a spacebar for previewing an after effect, use RAM preview.
- What are the optimum memory settings for performance in After Effects?
- Why are my vector graphics from Illustrator pixelated?
- Why can't I see my changes until I let go of the mouse button?
- Why can't I see all of my motion path in the Composition panel?
- Why is there no sound in my output file?
- What's the best format for exporting from After Effects?
- Why is my output file huge, and why does it not play smoothly?
- How do I find tutorials and information about After Effects?