I know I said this in the previous video, but I do really believe that layers…are the actors that inhabit the stage which is your composition.…So to explore layers more in-depth, let's open the Type composition.…Double-click the Type Comp and make sure that you have Type down here in your timeline.…With the Type tab setup, you can see I have four layers.…And as I click on each one of these layers, you can see things changing in the comp window.…
So let's select this Text layer.…I want to point out something.…When you are selecting layers in the timeline, it does have an effect as to…what you see in the Comp panel but also when you open the disclosure triangle…for those layers, you should notice different things for each different kind of layer.…So for example, with this Text layer, see I have a text option.…And if I open that Text option, I have Path Options.…And I have More Options.…
Now I'm not going to jump into all the different text things but if you notice…when you're working in the timeline I can't see any of my other layers.…
- Setting up the workspace, important preferences, and the cache
- Importing footage and comps
- Relinking missing footage
- Creating type, shape layers, and masks
- Rotoscoping with the Roto Brush
- Adjusting keyframes in the Graph Editor
- Timing animations to audio
- Building backgrounds with effects
- Rendering with the Render Queue and Adobe Media Encoder
- Animating 3D type
- Smoothing shaky footage and retouching footage
- Keying green screen footage
- Working with 3D: extruding shapes, adding ray-traced lighting, and more
Skill Level Beginner
Adobe After Effects
What is After Effects?1m 8s
1. Getting Started
2. Understanding Compositions
3. Building and Designing with Layers
4. Animation 101
5. Using Effects to Modify Layers
6. Jumping into 3D
7. Exporting and Rendering
8. Going in Depth with Type and Shapes
9. Video in Depth
10. Project: Keying Green Screen Footage
11. Integrating External Projects
Importing Illustrator files4m 24s
12. Project: Tracking and Advanced 3D
What's next1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.