- View Offline
- What are expressions?
- Creating and applying expressions
- Linking expressions to layers with the pick whip
- Simplifying expressions with variables
- Creating looping animations
- Randomizing values
- Converting expressions to keyframes
- Creating keyframes from audio with expressions
- Controlling 2D effects in 3D space
- Converting color from RGB to HLS
- Formatting strings and text
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hello and welcome to Getting Started with After Effects Expressions. My name's Angie Taylor. We're gonna start by looking at what expressions are and what they can do, and then we're going to get into creating some basic expressions using things like the pick whip to link properties together. We're then going to move on and learn a little bit about math. And then we look at some no-brainer expressions, like the new property linking feature in CC, or how to link the focus distance of a camera to a layer.
We'll also look at how to make expressions react to signs, things like making lip-sync animations, and then we'll use expressions in 3D as well. Look at how you can link 2D effects into 3D environments. We'll also look at color expressions, how to sample color from an image, convert file use from one color space to another, and we'll look at text expressions which can be used to display values as numbers, create data driven graphs, and all sorts of amazing things.
So I hope you enjoy the course. I'll try and make it as easy and painless as possible.