Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Frame Mix mode, part of After Effects Apprentice 10: Time Games.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Our focus in this first chapter will be on…how to smooth out motion when you've had to…change the speed of a clip in your project.…If you have access to the exercise files…that came with this video course,…open up the project file, AEA_Time Games.aep.…If instead you are following along using our book,…After Effects Apprentice 2nd Edition,…open up the project file that came with…lesson seven, Expressions and Time Games.…Those who are using the project that came with…the video course might notice that our Comp numbering…starts at nine rather than one.…That's because this subject was actually taken from…the second half of lesson seven in our book.…
But, we felt it was important enough to treat on its own.…Open up the Comp 09-Frame Blending*starter.…I've already queued up quick RAM Preview…and I'll play by pressing zero on the numeric keypad.…You see what we have here is a very smooth fly-through…along the tops of some clouds.…But, say the client, or you, for that matter, felt that…this was a bit too fast and you wanted to slow it down.…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Smoothing out slow motion
- Creating stop motion
- Creating hold and freeze frames
- Keyframing time
- Crossfading stop motion frames
- Setting multiple playback speeds