In this video, learn how fractal effects are used to create a digital fog and cloud.
- [Instructor] So let's add fractal clouds…and fractal fog, it's a lot of fun.…So one thing to do first would be to un-shy…the background layer.…We'll make a new layer, a solid,…and we'll make it some kind of light gray or blue,…that's fine, click OK, and call it fog, and click OK.…And we probably want to change the color…in the little box here to something dark like blue…so we can just see it.…
And I'm gonna padlock everything except the fog layer,…I just don't want to accidentally click…on something by mistake.…So if you ever double click on this, actually here,…you'll enter the fog layer itself,…don't worry about that, just close that…and you're right back where you want to be.…So now we're going to select fractal noise,…that's the filter we want, and it's under noise and grain.…So if I drag it here, it'll apply,…and you can also drag it directly into the effect panel,…as long as you have the layer active…and you double click on it, you'll get it.…
So now we have our fractal noise,…and let's add some animation to it.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.