For some unexplained reason, the Adobe Media Encoder does not have the ability to create a WebM file. This video shows you where to find the fnordware plugin for Premiere which also installs into the Adobe Media Encoder.
- [Instructor] As you may have noticed in this chapter,…when we were encoding video,…you really didn't have access to WebM,…except through good old Nero Video Converter.…The problem I have with the Nero Video Converter…is that I just don't have the tight control…that I would have, say with the media encoder.…The other thing is, you can't get a WebM out of Handbrake.…So you're kinda left with either Nero or that's it.…Until I stumbled across this site, www.fnordware.com.…
They've created a WebM plugin for Premier…and you can get Mac and PC versions of it.…And not only does it go into Premier,…but it also adds WebM to the media encoder,…which I think is just outstanding.…So what you do is you basically just download…the Mac or the Win version and install it.…And once it's installed, you can come over…to your Adobe Media Encoder,…and I just happen to have it open,…and when you open it and you go to the format pop down,…there's good old WebM, right there.…
And you get the same tight control…that you get with the Adobe Media Encoder…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Beginner
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Appropriate for all
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Appropriate for all
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.