Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Fine-tuning with the Graph Editor, part of After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: Motion Graphics.
- [Instructor] The Graph window offers a more in-depth look…at the interpolations between keyframes.…It's here that adjusting the values can fine-tune…how your motion behaves.…Here, we'll continue to look at how to utilize…the two different views of the Graph Editor,…the value graph and the speed graph.…In this example, I've got a simple diamond…that I'd like to move from left to right…and so I'll twirl this down,…look for my transform position property.…And you'll notice with this property,…both X and Y are tied together.…After Effects does allow us to split this out…and if we right-click on Position, you'll find…that we have Separate Dimensions available to us.…
And now we have two distinct parameters…that we can keyframe independently of one another.…So, at frame zero, I'm going to click my stopwatch,…create a keyframe at the X Position here…and come down to frame 30…and let's click and drag.…I'm going to hold down Shift as I do to constrain that motion.…So, with my X Position selected,…let's go ahead and jump into the Graph Editor.…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.