Learn how to create a faux motion blur using Fast Box Blur and Minimax effects.
- [Narrator] In this movie, I am going to show you…how to create a "faux motion blur", meaning…how to fake it in after effects.…And in order to create it, I'm going to head over…to the Effects and Preset panel.…So I'm going to start by clicking on the words…"Effects and Presets", and then I'm going to…fold down the Blur and Sharpen category,…and I'm gong to start by applying the…Fast Box Blur effect to the Five logo.…So, double click in order to apply it.…Now, I'm going to change the blur dimensions…to only affect the horizontal pixels of this layer,…because this digit is just moving…on this axis, so, just the horizontal axis.…
Then, I need to start and drag to determine…how much motion blur I want to apply.…And, what I'm trying to do is just to match it…visually to what I'm seeing over here.…Now, it's very important that you will work…with the transparency grid, because obviously…we can see that by introducing this fake blur,…we also have some problem with the background,…which we are going to fix in a moment.…
- Animating a layered Photoshop file
- Create an animated background
- Animating using effects
- Extruding and texturing 3D typography
- Creating an ending transition
- Faking motion blur
- Rendering a master file and a delivery file
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Trainingwith Alan Demafiles4h 20m Intermediate
1. Animate a Photoshop File
2. Creating 3D Typography
3. Compositing Techniques
4. Outputting the Result
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.