Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Face tracking: Outline only, part of After Effects: 2015 Creative Cloud Updates.
- One really cool piece of technology…that's come directly from the new…Adobe Character Animator into AfterEffects…is that ability to automatically detect…the outline of a persons face.…Now this shot isn't too difficult but you…can see that the shape of her face changes…just enough when she smiles and the…camera wanders around just enough that it would…be a little bit of a pain to hand mask.…It'd be really nice if masking her face…could be automated for us.…So what I'm gonna do is set the time…indicator back to the start of the comp,…select my elipse tool,…select the footage to make sure I'm…masking and not creating a shape layer,…and just drag a rough elipse around her face.…
Again, press the space bar before I…release the mouse key to recenter…the mask around her.…So that's a good starting point.…To get to the face tracker you need…to open up Window, Tracker.…Two of the new methods include…Face Tracking Outline Only…which is what I'm gonna show here…and Face Tracking Detailed Features,…which I'll show in the next movie.…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.