Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Extruding and inflating text, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- The use of 3D text has gotten increasingly popular…as the tools to create it have gotten easier to access.…If you have Photoshop CS6 Extended…or the newer version Photoshop Creative Cloud,…you can access 3D typography tools.…I've created a graphic with some basic text.…In this particular case, I've tracked the font a bit looser.…You can do this under the character panel,…and you see that I've set the tracking…to a value of about 80.…This allows a little bit of extra space between each letter,…so that when we extrude these, they don't collide.…
If you need to manually adjust this,…alt or option right arrow will increase the space…between a letter pair.…Left arrow will close it.…This is called pair kerning…and allows you the flexibility to tweak things.…Once you've got the text how you want,…you'll notice a 3D button up top here.…Clicking this will turn this text into 3D.…It will also switch you to the 3D workspace.…Once you've done this, a default extrusion is applied.…
You can see this up here, up top, and this is a 3D model.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.