Adobe After Effects has an integrated engine for 3D space. Initially this allowed you to rotate and position elements. Recently, After Effects added an extrusion engine that you can take advantage of to add depth to your text. In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to extrude text in 3D space in After Effects.
- After Effects has an integrated engine for 3D space.…Now, initially this just allowed you…to rotate and position elements within the 3D environment,…but recently After Effects has evolved…and added an actual extrusion engine.…I'm gonna show you how you can take advantage…of the different extrusion engines and modeling techniques…to actually get some depth to your text.…Our text is in 3D space, but it's not currently 3D.…One of the things I wanna first check…are my Project Settings.…So under File, Project Settings,…make sure you're using some sort of GPU acceleration…if your machine supports it.…
Then go under the Composition Settings,…Composition, Composition Settings,…and you'll see the 3D Renderer.…You're gonna wanna switch from the Classic 3D Renderer…to either Ray-traced or CINEMA 4D.…CINEMA 4D is the newer one,…and this will allow you to extrude the text in 3D space.…You'll see what is supported…and on the right what is not supported.…So, this'll make it easy to understand…what's gonna work and what's not going to work.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.