Join Chris Meyer for an in-depth discussion in this video Expressions, part of After Effects CC 2015 New Features.
- Expressions have also seen some…changes in After Effects CC 2015.…For one, a natural fall out of them separating…the user interface thread from the rendering thread…has meant that a lot of expressions now evaluate faster.…So if you have particularly complex expressions,…you might notice that those projects are a bit zippier.…Two, they've changed the way that…expression errors are treated inside After Effects.…There used to be a fairly unhelpful dialogue…that popped up whenever you created an error.…Let me go ahead and create an error,…and show you what it does now.…
I'm going to misspell the word "with"…so it no longer matches the variable I created…up here a couple of movies ago. Remove that. Press enter.…And now, instead of a dialogue floating in the middle,…I get this little orange bar telling me…that this project contains an expression error.…Note that this is the project,…even if I change to another composition,…that orange error dialogue stays up.…That's because one composition…might be nested into another one,…
Check back often for updates. New chapters will be added each time Adobe releases a major After Effects update.
- Preview options
- Editing a project without stopping preview playback
- Navigating the CC Libraries workflows
- Moving animations from Adobe Character Animator to After Effects
- Using expressions to dynamically measure facial dimensions
- Setting up layers in CINEWARE and CINEMA 4D Lite
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 12/01/2015. What changed?
A: We added 11 movies covering the fall 2015 updates to After Effects CC (v13.6), including the new start screen, preview updates, Creative Cloud Libraries import, new effects, and multitouch gestures.