Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video Export and apply tracking data, part of Compositing a Cell Phone in After Effects.
- [Voiceover] So with our screen tracked,…let's make sure that we're 100% happy with the result,…and if you're just opening this project file,…watch the previous movie to get around…the common gotcha when working with Mocha AE.…I'm just going to find the screen layer,…so that's at the bottom,…screen track,…and I'm going to turn off the grid,…and if you haven't got the surface enabled,…just press this button,…and that will show you the planar surface.…Let's zoom in,…and just take a look.…
I want the screen,…'cause this is where our screen will go,…I want it just to be…kind of in a bit,…so it's got this little edge here.…So we're going to do that for…all the other sides here,…just bring it in a touch.…And you'll notice that…we didn't have to be in our key frame…for this to happen…when you're adjusting the surface,…it's not actually going to set a key frame at all…So you couldn't just go through,…change it here,…and then go through to the end…and change it.…
It's not going to work that way.…So, if we see any drift,…and let's just look at this bottom corner.…
Here, Andy Needham shows how to take the app mockup created in the companion course, After Effects: Creating a Mobile App Interface, and composite it into live-action footage of a smartphone. The final product is an animated promo video that helps visualize how the app will be used on a real device. Andy also covers storyboarding, tracking, keying, color correction, and a few audio tips. By the end of the course, you'll have more experience with the screen replacement workflow in After Effects and have a web-ready deliverable ready to share with the world.
- Planning with a storyboard
- Filming the phone
- Importing the live-action footage in After Effects
- Retiming the animation
- Tracking the shot in mocha AE
- Keying the screen with Keylight
- Adding an animated logo
- Rendering the shot
- Color correcting the composite