- [Narrator] Finally, let's talk about…motion blur and decontamination.…Roto Brush has the ability to automatically detect…what portion of an edge is moving and give that edge…additional blur to compensate,…just as real footage may be blurred.…Let's go to around frame 26…where his hand is raising somewhat quickly.…If I turn off Use Motion Blur,…all I'm going to get is my softened,…feathered edge around this area.…However, if I enable Use Motion Blur,…you'll see that this hand is more blurred…than other portions of his body…which are not moving nearly as much.…
If I want to, I can solo this layer…and compare without and with.…Look at just the alpha channel.…Without motion blur, even edge feather all the way around.…With motion blur, increased blur where his hand's moving.…And I can tweak the motion blur settings…to include more samples per frame.…Basically smooth out any ghosting if there's fast movement.…And also set shutter angle…to match how my shot was originally taken.…No shutter angle is very little blur.…
Increased shutter angle is more blur.…
The After Effects Apprentice series was created by Trish and Chris Meyer. These tutorials are designed for After Effects CS4 through CC, and can be used on their own or as a companion to the Meyer's book, After Effects Apprentice.
- Creating, erasing, and animating brush and clone strokes
- Using Paint to reveal a layer over time
- Creating animated distortions to flat artwork with the Puppet tools
- Replacing backgrounds with the Roto Brush
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Brush Tool
2. The Eraser Tool
Eraser tool modes5m 39s
3. Painting to Reveal
4. The Clone Stamp Tool
5. Roto Brush Quick Start
6. Screen Replacement Using the Roto Brush
7. The Puppet Tools
8. Idea Corner
Teaching a puppet to write6m 26s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.