Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files and relinking, part of After Effects CC 2018: VFX Essential Training.
- [Instructor] If you have access to the exercise files I encourage you to follow along with me. Inside the exercise files folder you'll find various chapters and a folder including the assets. Inside the chapter, you'll find the After Effects project file, and you will most likely encounter this. If you open it, you'll get a warning that says you're missing some files. To fix this, we need to relink what's inside the asset folder. We'll say OK, and we just need to point these files to where they live on your hard drive. Let's go over here and filter out all the missing footage by selecting Missing Footage.
Then, we'll double click here on the project name. That will expand this window. We'll also come over here to this little hamburger menu, and come down to Columns. Make sure that File Path is enabled. Once it's visible, you can see the previous file path where After Effects is looking. What we can do is target the exercise files assets folder. Let's go ahead and double click on this file to relink it. We'll just target our desktop, exercise files, assets, and it's this first one here. When we say, "Open," After Effects will relink. Occasionally you'll find some ones that don't relink, because they're in another folder inside of the assets folder.
Let's go ahead and find this one under assets face track. We can double click. We'll go to the assets folder again, face track, and here in this sequence we can click on that first file, say, "Open," and we're back in business. With this all out of the way, let's go ahead and double click this project and continue on following with the movie.
- Creating transparency
- Tracking masks in Motion
- Utilizing the Roto Brush tool
- Camera and motion tracking
- Working with 3D layers
- Using effects
- Creating destruction with Shatter
- Creating fire with particles
- Distorting layers with the Puppet tool
- Compositing 3D renders
- Creating virtual reality experiences
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CC 2018 New Featureswith Mark Christiansen1h 13m Intermediate
1. Create Transparency
3. Work with Trackers
4. Work with Effects
5. Composite 3D Renders
6. Work with Rendering
Using Media Encoder3m 53s
7. Work with Immersive 360 VR
8. Challenge: Put Your Skills into Practice
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.