Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Essential render settings, part of Cinema 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Rendering from any 3D package can be intimidating, but if you start with the…basics and work your way up from there in a methodical fashion, you can avoid a lot of problems.…What we want to do in this movie is to create a baseline set of render…settings that will become the foundation for all of our subsequent movies in this chapter.…Now the very first thing I want to do is turn off something called Linear…Workflow. Linear Workflow is brand-new for CINEMA 4D version 12, and what it…does is affect how CINEMA 4D generates multi-pass renders, and it affects how…After Effects composites those renders together. And it forces you to use…something called a linear workflow when you're working in After Effects.…
Now I don't use that workflow, and so I want to turn it off here, because it…will affect how my renders look down the line.…So in order to turn that off, we're going to the main Edit menu and go to the…Project Settings, and in the Project Settings I'm just going to raise up this…Attribute manager here.…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.