Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Entering or converting text, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- While Photoshop is a very useful tool…for creating text graphics, if you're looking…to animate your text, After Effects…is a very compelling solution.…I've launched Adobe After Effects and to start,…I'm actually going to import two Photoshop graphics.…You can create text from scratch,…or import existing Photoshop texts.…When you do, import it as a composition…so it brings it in as a layered file.…And then click okay.…
Now in this case, I'm going to…check the composition settings.…Here's my text, and I'll choose composition,…composition settings, and under the advanced tab,…I'm gonna stick with classic 3D for now.…The Raytrace option is useful if you'd like…to create animated text that uses 3D extrusion.…We'll take a look at that example a little later.…So let's just make sure this is set to classic 3D.…Now, once you've done this, you can select a text layer…and choose layer, convert to editable text.…
You'll see it now becomes live text.…If I do that again, you'll see that nothing switched.…Now, if you're working with text…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.