The most common web video format is the MP4 file. This video walks you through the process of encoding an MP4 file with particular emphasis on data rate and compression.
- [Instructor] In this exercise, we're going to…prepare a video for web playback.…And the video we'll be using is a cattle auction,…and it was output as an MOV file,…and weighs in at around 750 MB,…which simply can't be rendered by a browser.…The MOV format is not one that any browser can play,…and 750MB is a little bit on the large side.…So, it needs to be converted to an MP4.…
So to do that, what I need you to do…is to open the Adobe Media Encoder.…And when it opens, I want you to drag the Auction.mov file,…found in your chapter download, into the queue.…And when it comes in,…you'll see that it's a QuickTime movie,…NTSC DV Widescreen, again, we can't use it.…So we're gonna have to change it.…So how do you change it?…You click QuickTime, and what this does,…is it opens the Export Settings window.…Now, this left side of the window…basically allows you to do two things.…
You can set the In Point right here,…and the Out Point, right here.…So if you need to trim the end…or the beginning of the video, this is where you can do it.…
- Key video formats used to publish on the web
- Encoding video that's optimized for online delivery
- HTML5 native video embedding and interaction
- Styling video components with CSS
- Captioning video
- Preparing video for social media
- Using Dynamic Link
Skill Level Beginner
Design the Web: HTML Background Videowith Chris Converse28m 35s Intermediate
Web Video: Develop Your Video Presencewith Rick Allen Lippert41m 54s Intermediate
Web Video: Makeup Techniqueswith Rick Allen Lippert25m 47s Intermediate
Exercise files1m 11s
1. Web Video Formats
2. Encoding Video
3. HTML5 and Video
4. Video and CSS
5. Playing with Video
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.