An array is a type of object that stores an ordered set of numbers. These numbers are separated by commas and surrounded by brackets. It is important to understand that you need to refer to these brackets so that the expression can work. In this movie, author Luisa Winters walks you through the elements of an array in Adobe After Effects.
- As we saw in the previous movie, an array…is a type of object that stores an ordered set of numbers.…These numbers are separated by commas…and surrounded by brackets.…It's important to understand that we need to refer…to these brackets so that the expression can work.…Otherwise, we are not indicating which one…of the properties we would like to affect.…The dimension of an array object…is the number of elements in the array.…
The dimension of scale is two,…because it has both width and height.…If we have a 3-D layer, then the dimension…of position is three, because it has x, y, and z properties.…Let's go ahead and open composition 3.2,…Elements of an Array.…Let's go ahead and add a wiggle expression…to only the height of the orange square.…So add the expression…and now, a space equal space,…enter, b space equal space,…enter, c space equal space,…and now we're gonna put both of them together,…a comma b…and end it with a semicolon.…
A is going to be the width, b is going to be the height,…and now I can just add the semicolons,…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.