In this video, the comp is edited.
- [Instructor] If you're going to be editing,…or working on a really big project,…like a half-hour documentary or a TV show,…then something like Adobe Premier would be a better choice.…With that said, After Effects can certainly be used…to edit scenes and clip them together.…So let me show you how you…would go about that in After Effects.…First things first, we can't edit inside here,…because this is a contained scene inside this composition.…So what we want to do is to nest…this composition inside another composition…that will be the sequence where we could do…more scenes and more edits and cuts.…
So let's drag this into the Make New Composition icon.…And we'll rename the new composition _sequence…or whatever you like, but sequence is descriptive.…So now we're inside our sequence comp…where our scene lives.…What I want to do is to make basically,…a dummy scene or a second scene.…I want to cheat it from what we already have,…the footage that we have.…So let's see if we want to do a close-up.…Start here, and then cut into our main scene.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.