Join Owen Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing layers in the Timeline, part of Motion Graphics Loops 01: Photoshop Techniques.
- [Voiceover] The Photoshop timeline works like a mix…of an After Effects and an editing timeline.…You can have multiple elements on a single track or layer…using video layers, but you're also restricted…by what appears in front of or behind other elements…based on their layer order.…So if I want my bouncy ball square…to move in front of and behind another element,…like a bit of text, I'll need to do some simple…timeline cutting and editing to achieve it.…I'm gonna go ahead and select the text tool in the menu…to the side here,…and I'm gonna type the word "Loop!"…with a big old exclamation point behind it.…
Unfortunately, it's really, really small right now,…so I'll go ahead and select the move tool…and with the loop text selected,…I'll go over to my text tool over here in the settings…and I will bring this up from 12 points…to something much, much larger,…like let's say 300 point text.…I don't like the Myriad Pro Regular.…Let's just see if we have something…more interesting in here.…I'm gonna select my character and then just hit the down key…
- Working with the Photoshop Timeline panel and video layers
- Animating frame by frame in Photoshop
- Exporting animation and other media types to animated GIFs
- Preparing After Effects animation loops for Photoshop