One of the best things about Adobe software is the integration that exists between applications. This makes it easy to use a file from one software in another and makes it easy to edit that original file when needed. Richard Harrington shows how to use the Edit Original command in Premiere Pro for Photoshop graphics.
- If you've placed a Photoshop graphic…or a TIFF graphic into your timeline,…it's very easy to jump directly from Premiere Pro…or After Effects into Photoshop…where you can make updates.…Then simply close and save the file…to send the results back.…Let me show you how.…In Premiere Pro,…let's import a Photoshop graphic.…In this case,…I'm gonna take this design here that's been finalized,…and I'll choose Import.…And you notice that you have the ability…to bring things in…and specify how that is handled.…
So I'll click OK…and it brings it in,…and I can drop that into the project,…which works just fine.…What's great here is that the Photoshop file…is connected back to itself,…so if you press Command or Control + E…or just right click and choose to edit this file,…it gives you the ability to edit it.…Now, Edit Original will take you back…to whatever program created the file,…so it's possible that if this was a JPEG or a TIFF,…it might think another application…is associated with that file type.…
So in any case,…you can also override that…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.