Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video The Edit Original command for Photoshop graphics, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- If you bring in a Photoshop file it's very easy…to jump from Premiere Pro into Photoshop.…Let's just clear out a few of these things…we're no longer using and I'm gonna choose File, Import…or command or control I and grab a name bar.…Now you learned this workflow earlier,…where it's very simple to merge layers…and decide which ones come in.…That looks good and I'll click OK…and it's added to my project.…Now the challenge is when the client spots a problem.…
Maybe they're not happy with the transparency…or there's a spelling mistake.…Well with that Photoshop graphic selected,…you could press command or control E for Edit Original.…It will open it up, find the layers that you need to modify.…In this case there is a slight change.…Let's double click on that text layer,…he asked for his middle initial,…and the client would like the bar changed just slightly,…so let's select that, take a look at the gradient…and make that purple just a tad bluer.…
That looks pretty good and for the second stop here,…let's raise the opacity just slightly to 85 percent,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.