Just like how you can use time or other properties to control values through expressions, you can also add eases, or accelerations and decelerations to our interpolation. How do you add eases to your expressions? In this movie, author Luisa Winters walks you through how to add eases to your expressions in Adobe After Effects.
- Just like we can use time or other properties…to control values through expressions,…we can also add Eases or accelerations…and decelerations to our interpolation.…Adding Eases makes the viewer feel more at ease…with our motion graphics because it will…make our animations look more like real life movement.…Go ahead and open Composition 4.2 Ease Expressions,…and in here, you're gonna see a red sprocket this time.…
Let's go ahead and add an expression…to the position of this sprocket.…So p for position,…add the expression and let's go to the…Expression Language menu,…Interpolation, and this time…we're gonna use Ease.…Notice that we have plenty of Eases.…We have ease, easein, easeout,…and they're all simple or a little bit more complicated.…Let's go ahead and choose easet, tMin, tMax,…value1 and value2 which is very similar…to what we did before,…but it's going to give it an easy Ease interpolation.…
So instead of Linear, now it says Ease.…Now, we're gonna change this to time…because now I want for the playhead time to control…
- Adding expressions
- Editing expressions manually
- Changing expression dimensions: rate, value, music amplitude, etc.
- Working with expression variables
- Using the Expression Language menu
- Using random values
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects Apprentice 09: Expressionswith Chris Meyer1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Mastering the Timelinewith Richard Harrington1h 8m Intermediate
After Effects Guru: Advanced Photoshop Techniqueswith Ian Robinson2h 12m Intermediate
1. What Are Expressions?
2. Expression Dimensions
4. Expression Language Menu
5. Other Expressions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.