In this video, learn how to copy compositions, or comps, by making duplicates.
- So let's color code some of these layers…so that they're easier to see.…So click on the box next to the saucer layer…and we'll make the flying saucer layer orange…and we'll make the robots red.…Now it's much easier for us to see what we're selecting.…See how easy it is to nudge these out of position…as I'm clicking on them, so always watch out for that.…So I'm gonna duplicate the flying saucer layer…by hitting control and D and I'm going to work on…the layer in the background now,…let's padlock the upper one so I don't change it by mistake,…and I'm gonna hit U on the keyboard.…
Fantastic shortcut because U shows you everything…that's been keyframed on that layer.…And what I want to do is to move this entire layer down…and over so it can act as a second flying saucer.…So to do that, one way to do it is to select…all the keyframes, hold down shift,…and nudge the arrow keys until you get…into a different position.…And you can always change different elements too…but for now let's see what this looks like.…
That's pretty good.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.