Want to take your type-based motion graphics to the next level in Adobe Photoshop? This is where design techniques like distressing text and creating a logo bug come into play. What are some useful design techniques you can use right now? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create distressed text in Photoshop.
- Let's take a look at a few Photoshop techniques…that you can use to enhance or stylize text.…One of my favorites is distressing text…to give it an aged look.…To start, let's open up some text that's already been set.…In this case, I've already rasterized it to its own layer.…In the exercise folder,…you'll also see a handful of textures that you can open.…Each of these is a slightly different look,…from a photo of a painted canvas…to a blurry underwater photo of a stingray…to a piece of a wooden fence.…
In any case, all of these can be used to stylize.…What we'll do is select the image.…I'll choose Select All or Command or Control + A…and then Copy.…Now we'll switch over here to the new layer,…and I'll press Paste to add this to its own layer.…By pressing Command or Control + T,…it's very easy to adjust the size…and the relative position of the texture.…
Then switch over to Channels…where you'll see the different details.…Remember, each channel represents a grayscale file…for the different details in that particular channel,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.