Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Distressing text, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- Let's take a look at a few Photoshop techniques…to modify the appearance of text.…One of my favorites is distressing text…to give it some age and texture.…In this case, I've opened up…a graphic that already has text built.…And given the name, having the text look so…crisp and perfect just doesn't seem fitting.…What I'm gonna do is load some textures in.…So I could choose file, scripts, load files into stack.…And if I browse, I can navigate to my folder…and you'll see a couple of different textures here.…
Using the control or the command key, you can select those.…You can also load a video layer…if you wanna use one of those.…And clicking ok, it'll pull those in.…Now in this case, I don't need…to do anything to align these.…I'll just click ok.…And don't make any smart objects as well.…There we go.…I quickly loaded all four.…If I select these, I could choose…them all in the layers panel.…
Then, I'm gonna choose window, arrange,…and do two up vertical.…You'll see the two documents side by side.…This makes it easy to just drag these over.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.