In this video, explore how a building can be distorted with the mesh warp effect.
- [Presenter] So let's add a distortion tool…to the exploding building.…So, what I want to do first is to speed up the process…of rendering, or previewing, rather,…is go to the dropdown here,…and switch the quality to a quarter…and that'll speed up the animation previewing.…But I also want to get rid of all the stuff we don't need.…All these flying saucers are completely irrelevant…to the operation we're going to do now,…so hide everything on the stage…except for the lightning zap and the exploding building.…Everything else can be hidden.…
Not just that, we can also shy them out.…So any layer that isn't those two, we'll just shy them out…and we just pop this little guy down here,…and select the Hide All Layers,…and now we can just focus all our attention on these two.…Great!…So what I want to do now is to…find the frame of the building that zaps, right there.…Page up and page down are really good shortcuts, as well,…on your keyboard, and that'll find it.…So, select the layer and then go to the menu,…under edit,…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.