Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing for center-cut HD broadcasts in Premiere Pro, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Terms and Technology.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- You'll see that even between the Adobe applications,…the safe-title guides are not exact.…This is one of those areas where the rules…have been rapidly changing,…and the software hasn't caught up.…It's also going to be interesting to see…how this all spaces out.…In After Effects, the guidelines are a bit off.…The good news is, is in Premiere Pro,…you have the ability to customize them if needed.…In Premiere, if I have a sequence open,…you'll note that the guidelines here…can be turned on an off,…with Safe Margins.…
You also can go under this actual Settings menu here,…for Overlay Settings,…and adjust these.…Here you could see that the title-safe zones are called out.…This allows you to include the four-by-three safe margin…and enter those new numbers we previously discussed.…That's going to be a 10 percent…for the new safe-title area,…and the action-safe is going to be seven percent.…If I click Okay,…you'll see that those lines update.…
And there's the center cut lines…for the standard definition signal.…That would be pulled out from the HD file.…
- When to use vector vs. raster graphics
- Working with high-dynamic-range images
- Choosing the right color space
- Understanding file extensions and file formats
- Maintaining broadcast-safe color and luminance levels
- Configuring Photoshop and Illustrator workspaces and preferences
- Using templates
- Building titles
- Sizing photos or logos
- Saving Photoshop and Illustrator files for video graphics
Skill Level Beginner
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
After Effects CC Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 52m Appropriate for all
Mograph Techniques: Animating to Musicwith Ian Robinson1h 5m Intermediate
Premiere Pro CC Essential Training (2014)with Ashley Kennedy8h Appropriate for all
1. Core Technology for Video Graphics
2. Broadcast-Safe Issues
3. Setting Up Photoshop for a Video Workflow
4. Setting Up Illustrator for a Video Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.