Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Designing the bar, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- One of the first things you're going to need…is a bar texture in order to build upon.…Typically this will involve some textures…and colors, perhaps some gradients mixed together,…and likely a bit of ramped transparency,…so the video underneath bleeds through.…Let's build a bar to get started.…I've included a reference file here that you could…take a look at if you'd like to see how I built this…before when I was preparing the course,…but I'm going to walk you through the steps here now.…To start I'll select the Rectangular Marquee and draw a box.…
You'll notice now that they snap to indicate…when you are aligned with guides.…I'm going to choose Select, Modify, Feather.…And what this does is create a gentle blend.…Feathering is the difference between…a ballpoint pen and a felt-tip marker.…With a little bit of feathering, you get…a gentler line that has a bit of a soft edge to it.…I like this, so the video graphics…don't tend to vibrate as much, and blend.…To me, it looks a little bit more photo-realistic.…
I'll apply that, but so that the blend…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.