In this video, see how a gradient layer is used to create a depth blur map.
- [Instructor] I've switched off all the effects…that were really slowing down the scene…and the ones that honestly,…we didn't really need for this part of the course.…So what I'm going to do now is just focus…on applying blur to the overall environment.…And we have blur on these two robots.…So I still wanted to see these guys…so I could gauge at what point in the scene we're focusing.…And I think the primary part of interest would be here,…where the little human is looking up at this guy in focus.…So these parts of the buildings…will be in focus here and here.…
The robot's in focus, everything behind…and in front will tend to fall…into a blur to different degrees.…So, it was easy enough to apply blur…to all the stuff in the background.…But how about applying a blur to this thing?…I want this to be sharp, in focus here, and blurry here.…So how do we do that?…We do it with a blur map.…So before we go any further,…I want to clean up our stage a little bit.…So let's hide some of these layers, make them shy.…So I'm gonna push these shy buttons here…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.