In this video, depth of field is created with the virtual camera.
- [Instructor] In the previous movie…we added depth of field by faking it,…we were manually blurring out layers…and making maps to create an artificial depth of field…where we were blurring things in the distance,…but now we have a camera and this camera has a…depth of field built in.…There are two main ways to get a depth of field effect,…let me show you them, we'll start out with the simple one.…So let's unshy all of layers and what I want to do is…focus on this leading robot here,…so let me unpadlock that layer so I can select it.…
We'll control or command click to select the camera layer,…and here's how simple it us under layer, camera,…link focus distance to layer, that's it.…You're probably not seeing much right now…because the preview mode is set to half…so let's switch it to full, and the other thing that will…speed it up if we just want to focus on this one thing…is to switch out the lights,…and if I go to a wand camera view…and switch this to another camera…you'll see that now we have,…the robot at least, is in crisp focus.…
AuthorDermot O' Connor
- Importing Animate scenes in After Effects comps
- Duplicating comps
- Nesting comps
- Adjusting colors and lighting
- Creating masks
- Adding special effects: fog, motion blur, distortion, glow, and more
- Creating 3D environments
- Animating cameras in a 3D scene
- Rendering and finalizing the After Effects project
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning 2D Animation Principleswith Dermot O' Connor2h 25m Beginner
2D Animation: Walk Cycles Basicswith Dermot O' Connor57m 24s Intermediate
2D Animation: Character & Attitude Walk Cycleswith Dermot O' Connor57m 13s Intermediate
1. Assembling the Scene
2. Filters and Effects
3. 3D Scenes
4. Final Touches
Next steps1m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.