Adobe After Effects is Adobe software that is solely dedicated to motion graphics creation. Here, you can also create animated 3D text. There are many tools that you can choose from to create it. What’s available? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to use multiple animators with text in After Effects.
- I already applied an animation preset to my text layer,…but what I'd like to do now is customize it a bit…to get the results that I want.…In this case, I'm using the evaporate preset.…If I twirl down the controls here and take a look,…I can see that under text.…The evaporate animator was applied.…Now, as you look at these things,…you'll start to see the controls.…For example, what drives most text animations,…is the range selector.…An easy way to get to just the key frames being used…is to press the U key, to see the user added key frames.…
Now, if I want to re-time this,…I can start by just moving both key frames.…Maybe I want the text to be on-screen for four seconds…before it animates off.…So, I'll select this here and just drag these both down.…And you'll see that the text animation starts here.…Now, I want the animation to take its time,…so let's go forward plus three seconds.…Three zero zero.…
And I'll drag the second key frame to that new position.…But I notice that the text hasn't fully animated off.…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.