- [Instructor] Animating paths and strokes…are an essential technique for altering shapes…or other elements as if they were…being written on or erased off.…A shape layer's Trim Path operator is a widely used…After Effects tool that can achieve this.…Here, we'll take a look at some…of Trim Path's more powerful features…to illustrate what it brings to the tool set.…So, previously we built our flower based off…of a circle shape and a repeater,…but the stem itself was created with the pen tool…and if we twirl this down we see a shape and a path.…
Let's go ahead and turn on our…shape path visibility and reframe this…so we can the individual points that make this up.…So, I have my selection tool enabled,…and I'm going to click and drag around…these different points and you'll notice…that my path is creating the overall shape,…the overall form of this stem.…But the overall look, that's something different.…That comes from the stroke.…So, the stroke operator here,…if I twirl this up and come down to stroke,…you'll notice that I have control over my color,…
- Working with shape layers, animation, compositing, and type
- Using Basic After Effects 3D
- Building a basic camera rig
- Using the Cinema 4D renderer
- Using Cinema 4D Lite
- Creating 3D text and 3D geometry
- Adding compositions to the Render Queue
- Recording multiple files with the Render Queue
- Using Adobe Media Encoder
- Using prerenders
- Collapsing transformations
Skill Level Beginner
1. Working with Shape Layers
2. Working with Animation
3. Working with Compositing
4. Working with Type
5. Basic After Effects 3D
6. 3D Geometry
7. Rendering for Motion Graphics
Using prerenders6m 34s
8. Motion Graphic Workflow Tips
Collapse transformations7m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.