Want to take your type-based motion graphics to the next level in Adobe Photoshop? This is where design techniques like distressing text and creating a logo bug come into play. What are some useful design techniques you can use right now? In this video, Richard Harrington demonstrates how to create a watermark in Photoshop.
- In the previous example,…we looked at a simple logo bug in the corner.…But oftentimes, you might want to create…a watermark that has layered transparency.…Let me show you.…In this case, you'll see that we have text and a background.…But I'd like a little more control.…One of the things we can do with layer styles…is heavily influence how things look.…So let's build this up.…You'll see we had a gray circle,…with a gradient overlay applied,…followed by a satin texture,…and then a stroke on the outside.…
Then the Bevel & Emboss…creates a rounded shape with the bevel.…And the inner shadow,…and a drop shadow behind.…Now, you can look at each of these individually,…by just double-clicking,…if you want to see more how they were made.…The key here though,…is I'm going to right-click on the Layer fx there,…and choose Create Layers.…This will rasterize the effect…and create multiple copies of each piece,…as you see here.…
Now, you might want to tweak these a little bit,…but all of these have been indented on the layer below,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Using Dynamic Link with text for Premiere Pro and After Effects
Skill Level Beginner
After Effects: Animated Write-on Typewith Ran Ben Avraham1h 34m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Next steps1m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.