Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a watermark, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type.
- In our last example, we created a color overlay,…a bug to put in the corner.…But often times, you want a translucent element…that you can put into the corner, that video shows through.…Let me show you how to create a bug.…To do this, you're going to need a layered file or something…that you can cut up in a tool like Adobe Ilustrator.…Let's start by opening up a logo.…In this case, I have some fonts used…that aren't on the system.…But I'll just tell it not to resolve.…You'll notice that Photoshop makes it easy,…and it still shows you the font accurately.…
If you right-click you can rasterize that text.…And now it becomes pixels.…So it's not subject to changing to the font.…What I've created here is a series of layers,…and I want to make a few tweaks.…So really, we have an ellipse, and we have some text.…I need to split this up.…What I recommend is, if you have layer styles applied,…you actually convert those.…If you click on the layer style here,…you could choose "Create Layers."…It's not going to make it perfect, but it's going to do…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.