Join Angie Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating values from audio levels, part of After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors.
- View Offline
- When you're working with audio files and music,…it's nice to get effects animating in time with music,…and this is one thing that…After Effects Expressions excels at…allowing you to link properties like…effect properties and lighting effects to sound.…Let's have a look at this clip…in the timeline in Premiere Pro.…"ArtBeats EXPRESS built (dance music)…"for you from the ground up."…So what I want to do is get the lights flashing…in time with music, so I'm going to select this clip,…and hit Command + e to edit original,…and that's going to open it up in After Effects…where I have a light applied to this layer.…
Notice that if I switch the light on and off,…its shows you that I've got a nice spotlight…applied there with some color and intensity adjusted.…Now what I want to do is get this audio file here…to control the intensity so it flashes…on and off in time with the music.…If I select the audio layer and double hit…the L key on the keyboard,…let's just move the timeline up a little bit…so we can see the waveform.…
After Effects Expressions for Premiere Pro Editors is a creative, project-based workshop. Editors take a basic Premiere Pro edit and bring it to life using After Effects expressions and Dynamic Link, following author Angie Taylor's expert instructions. The concepts are broken down into manageable 3–5 minute videos, covering techniques such as randomizing effects, linking animation and color to sound, automating animation, and more.
- Linking footage from Premiere Pro in After Effects with Dynamic Link
- Understanding the expression language
- Automating animation with expressions
- Randomizing effect properties
- Linking color and light changes to audio
- Creating camera shake with a wiggle expressions
- Linking keyframes to create a lightening strike effect
- Synchronizing color and other design elements
- Creating amazing text animations