Join Rob Garrott for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating the type glows, part of CINEMA 4D: Rendering Motion Graphics for After Effects.
Our type is revealing in a much more subdued way than the phone came in.…This is on purpose.…If the type had just as much impact as the phone, the animation would be…overwhelming in its intensity.…When the type hits its mark though, we still want to draw some attention to the event.…We're going to do that with the subtle Edge Ray effect using a combination of…Trapcode Shine and Starglow.…Now I am in my Timeline and I'm parked at the Moment marker, and you can see our type,…Mobile Media Moment. It's sitting on top of the Edge Rays.…The first thing we're going to do with our type is we're going to bring them…down below the rays, the beams that are coming up out of the platform.…
That's going to make them feel a lot more seated in the image.…So I'm going to scroll down, and there is my Type Pass and these are all my Beams.…I'm going to twirl everything closed so I don't have to look at those parameters…anymore and I'm going to take the Type Pass and drag it right down below the…Beams and above the Phone Pass. And you can see as soon as I do that, the type…
- Setting up a multi-pass render
- Batch rendering in CINEMA 4D
- Importing 3D elements into After Effects
- Creating and using precomps for compositing control
- Compositing 3D text in a dynamic 3D environment
- Creating a glow effect using Trapcode Starglow
- Using 3D layers to create masking effects
- Adding a flash bulb effect with CC Light Rays
- Adding glows and glints to type
- Creating a 2D camera shake effect using pre-comps
- Adding depth of field with the Lens Blur effect
Skill Level Intermediate
After Effects CS5 Essential Trainingwith Chad Perkins8h 39m Beginner
Photoshop CS5 Essential Trainingwith Michael Ninness11h 14m Beginner
1. Cinema 4D Prep: Multi-Pass Rendering Setup
2. After Effects Prep
3. Creating the Stadium Effects
4. Creating the Phone Effects
5. Creating the Type Effects
Creating the type glows9m 36s
6. Final Touches and Rendering
Next Steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.