Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a torn-from-a-printed-page graphic, part of Motion Graphics for Video Editors: Working with Type (2014).
- A common graphic that's used in documentaries…as well as news-type shows is a ripped…from the headline graphic,…where you take a pull quote from a publication,…and you wanna indicate that something…came out of a newspaper or a magazine or a document.…Well, to do this, I often both deal with…real textures and I'll rip something,…simply taking a piece of color paper…and tearing it to create a realistic ripped paper look,…and then scanning that in or taking a photograph…on a high contrast surface.…For example, you could see that here.…
This ripped paper edge is just that,…a piece of paper I ripped out and scanned.…Once that was done a simple levels adjustment…made it easy to tighten things up…and create high contrast.…Now, what I typically do is have the rip…and then I'll duplicate that, "ctrl/cmd+j",…and take advantage of the filters here.…Using the Filter Gallery there's all sorts…of great things you could do to add textures,…and you could start to play with some of these.…
It's gonna add texture into that surface and,…
- Designing lower thirds in Photoshop
- Creating alpha channels in Photoshop
- Designing 3D type in Photoshop
- Distressing text
- Creating a watermark
- Animating text with After Effects
- Using and customizing animation presets
- Extruding 3D text in After Effects
- Creating titles in Premiere Pro
- Adding a logo to a lower third
- Linking text
Skill Level Beginner
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediatewith Deke McClelland11h 37m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Product Endpagewith Ian Robinson1h 50m Intermediate
1. Designing Lower Thirds in Photoshop
2. Designing 3D Type in Photoshop
3. Photoshop Design Techniques
4. Animated Text with After Effects
5. After Effects Design Techniques
6. An Overview of Text in Adobe Premiere Pro
7. Adobe Premiere Pro Design Techniques
8. Linking Workflows for Text with Adobe Video Apps
Live templates2m 49s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.